Saturday, August 16, 2014

Where Do You Find Your Inspiration?


Follow Me
6x8, soft pastel


It isn't necessarily easy to figure out what subject to paint.  While the subject matter can be as broad as one's imagination, often I find myself taking 100s of pictures and then weeding through them to settle on one for the day...or, I take my supplies outside and paint "plein air".  Ok, I confess...I've only painted once outside and that was on my back patio.   Plein air painting is on my list to do...as soon as I'm a better artist...and, have more confidence to paint in close proximity to the general public.

If you don't already know, there is a website titled "PaintMyPhoto" (paintmyphoto.ning.com) where photographers post pictures they've taken to allow artists to paint them without infringing on their copyrights. This is a great website to provide inspiration and minimize the need to take your own photos...hurray!  More studio time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment