Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Splash of Color

A Splash of Color
7.5x7.5, soft pastel

                            
                       

Some days...you just have to give yourself a break. Today I decided to paint a small colorful square with the thought of using it in the end-of-month collage of all the paintings completed during the month.  In fact,  I hope to make a few more if time permits.  It was a little less stressful...and a little less time consuming so I guess I achieved my goal for today.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I instantly thought mandala, but after reading your description it made me think of crochet squares and rug hooking.

    One of my best friends died a few years ago and before he did he wanted to complete one last project. As he was an animator, he chose a moving mandala which opens out as you move into the center. Not long after completion the cancer took him, but I have fond memories of being crammed into his garden shed surrounded by computer screens with him excitedly showing me how he had progressed. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete