Sunday, September 11, 2016

Morning Calm

Morning Calm
6x8, Soft Pastel
Morning Calm was painted in my hotel room while visiting the Oregon Coast.  I particularly like the ocean and all things nautical...especially in the early morning or late evening hours.  Everything seems just a little more sleepy and peaceful. While painting it, I just wanted to climb up in this little dingy and take a nap.  I may paint a larger version of this one since I didn't have my best pastels with me and struggled a bit with getting just the right colors. "We'll see" (that's my new mantra).


2 comments:

  1. Well, you've certainly captured everything you described despite not having your best pastels. Just lovely.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold shine on the side of the boat is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete