Thursday, January 26, 2017

Riffles

Riffles
10x8, oil on board

I actually painted this on Jan. 21st during a workshop conducted by Mark Davis of Boise.  Thanks for the reference photo Mark! The workshop was at Edward's Greenhouse which was a great environment for a mid-winter workshop.  We focused on painting water.  And, because I am new to oils, I thought I'd better get "my feet wet" with oils so to speak.

My husband (who is a fly fisherman) says these types of waters are called 'riffles"...thus, the title.  It was great to get out and about after so much snow!   Hope you enjoy it!


WIP:  This little guy below is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  I know, I say that all the time for the paintings I like...but really, this one has been absolutely painting itself!





5 comments:

  1. The water looks very good and the sunlight on the rocks too.. I like the little boat piece - it seems like a portrait - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I didn't set out to paint so much water this month but it seems many pieces have water in them...having fun with the boat.

      Delete
  2. Love the light that draws your eye deep into the painting! Thanks for sharing your process shots as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila...I love seeing other artist's progress short so I thought I'd share.

      Delete