Sunday, December 31, 2017

Channeling Vincent

Channeling Vincent
6x12, soft pastel


I've been studying the masters recently. Primarily focusing on the styles of John F. Carlson, Edgar Payne and Vincent VanGogh.  This one is Vincent Van Gogh's "Landscape At Twilight" aka "Landscape With The Chateau of Auvers at Sunset", 1890.  This piece has lighter more vibrant colors than his original...but it is his style that I was most interested in trying out.  He painted this near the time of his death in July, 1890.

Tomorrow commences the Straeda 31 Day Challenge which I plan on attempting. I hope to focus mostly on plein air landscapes...maybe with an interior or still life thrown in.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, I missed Day 1 of the challenge, will do the next one! Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my very favourites of yours, Cindy. The line work, the palette, the composition...all perfect.

    ReplyDelete