Monday, January 15, 2018

Harry Needed To Chill Out

Harry Needed To Chill Out
8x6, soft pastel
This was a painting completed from life ahead of time since I'll be out of town and internet will be spotty.  A scene from our neighborhood.  Even though I live in Idaho...our subdivision was developed with a desert theme....many of the original cacti have died (no surprise there)...but the Joshua Trees keep hanging on. The fact that they survived last year's epic snowfall is amazing.  I call this little guy Harry.  He was a bit frosty this particular morning but still very beautiful.  I love the light green section at the top...as though he's ready to sprout new growth...you go Harry!

While traveling, I also completed this crazy little painting below of garlic.  Not my favorite painting for sure, but some days painting from life is like pulling teeth.  Day 15 of the #stradaeasel 31 Day Challenge.

Garlic
6x6, soft pastel

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet, Cindy. I like the crispness of the dark green leaves against the diffuse background.

    ReplyDelete