Monday, March 26, 2018

First Light

First Light
9x9 soft pastel

I'm on hiatus in Cascade, Idaho.  Sometimes with a new pup...you just have to get away for awhile to paint.  That was the case with this painting.   First Light is an inspirational little scene I found at dawn this morning just as the sun was coming up, touching the shoreline of our little pond.  I absolutely love the pathways through the trees and meandering ponds in this area and feel very blessed to have some quiet time alone to reflect, eat, and paint.  I took a lot of photo references today and nearly froze my fingers off but the excursion at dawn was well worth it.  I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Cindy. And the hints of blue in the snow background and middle ground and water reflections are the crowning strokes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laurelle...I wish the photo was a bit better. Some of the colors aren't as accurate compared to the actual painting but I agree...the blues are what actually drew me to the scene. The pond is just beginning to thaw and the sky was warming up so the reflections were teal in color. Yum!

      Delete
  2. A lovely scene Cindy. I really like the way you did the sun on the snow and the branches - - the contrast of warm and cold is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! A cold morning scene...but a nice warm ray of sunlight. I'm sure ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete