Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Village - Holiday on Ice

The Village - Holiday on Ice
11x14, soft pastel


It's such a festive time of year...and a busy one! I finally found time to finish this painting, complete a few framing tasks and make Christmas cards.  

Recently I went to the Village and took quite a few pictures of people skating and added them to the photos I took at Thanksgiving with my four youngest grandkids who were also skating. This painting is the result. I even found space to add several other family members even though they weren't actually there. Ah, artistic license!  Ultimately, I was able to fit in all the grandkids and their parents and grandparents. It was a fun project, a challenge, and a painting that will always be dear to my heart.   

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment