Monday, September 7, 2015

Ste. Chapelle Vineyard

Ste. Chapelle Vineyard
9x12, soft pastel

Day 7 of 30
Yesterday morning was a bit rainy...but several of us ventured out for a plein air paint-out at the Ste. Chapelle Winery south of Nampa, Idaho.  As we arrived the rain clouds were moving out, allowing the sun to shine for a brief period of time.  I was able to capture 75% of this painting before the rain clouds moved back in.  I finished it at home in the cozy warmth of my studio.  

So as you see, I continue my attempt to paint and improve with landscapes.  By now I've decided to embrace the colors I see (or, at least the colors I think I see) in lieu of realism.  Color just makes me happy!  I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the Ste. Chapelle Vineyard. You have captured its spirit.
    - Connie

    ReplyDelete