Friday, March 17, 2017

Dockside Sunrise

Dockside Sunrise
12x16, soft pastel

Back to my boat theme.  With this piece, I had to do quite a bit by memory.  Two years ago I painted a smaller version of this scene en plein air.   But, I made a rooky plein air mistake and didn't take a photograph of the scene before leaving the lake.  So, I had to recall some of the details that I had missed when I painted the first piece.   I was drawn to this particular scene because I loved how the sunlight from the early morning sunrise lit the tips of the kayaks casting jagged sunlight onto the waters below.  It was a gorgeous September morning at Redfish Lake.  One I will always remember.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed both your post and the viewpoint within the painting, it's almost like a child's hands after playing in paints. Very nice indeed-!

    ReplyDelete